Following the trial guidance methodology, the execution phase was split into two separate dry runs and the actual trial itself.
Dry Run 1
Dry run 1 centered on the technical aspects of the different selected solutions and training for the participants involved. It was also used to further the design the evaluation process and to finalise the scenario in anticipation of dry run 2.
Dry Run 2
The dry run 2 is the rehearsal for the trial itself and was used to meet the end users and potential stakeholders. The meeting was also used to train the users on the solutions.
The dry run 2 had the following objectives:
- Training of end users on solutions.
- Testing the scenario with end users.
- Testing the data collection plan.
The trial was organised in six subsequent sessions (except E and F, which were run in parallel) as presented in the figure below:
Trial 2 activities were carried in the course of one week:
- Monday was dedicated to the final preparation including deployment of the solutions and adaptation of the platform.
- Tuesday focused on briefing participants and training them on using the solutions, or the responsibilities of an observer.
- Wednesday was dedicated to trial sessions.
- Thursday was dedicated to trial sessions and debriefing.
- Friday was used for internal debriefings and TGM/test-bed infrastructure evaluation by trial committee (TC) members.a