sociotechnical solutions by
gathering objective data
other trial participants
In a nutshell
What this step
In this step the trial is executed. During the trial, all kinds of data, as described in the data collection plan, will be collected.
All you need to know
about this step
Run your trial! You have prepared and rehearsed everything. Now, it is the time to collect your data in order to assess the solutions that promise to bridge your gap.
First, you have to make sure to do the training on the solutions and give everyone enough time to familiarise with the functionalities themselves as well as the outline of the scenario. Give them time to familiarise with the solution a little and ask questions about it.
Second, make sure all the technical equipment is up and running and most important:, make sure you actually collect your data! This is the reason for all the hard work you have done preparing the trial. So check the test-bed technical infrastructure and solutions. Especially if they have to be restarted for example. If you experience time pressure, it is better to drop a session than to drop the participant questionnaire.
data collection using different
methods (qualitative and quantitative),
societal impact assessment,
Raw data - results of
- All systems up and running
- Every kind of data collection tested and confirmed
- Solution training conducted
- Trial material printed and distributed
- Observer briefing conducted
- Participants briefed
- Make sure all forms and agreements regarding ethical or legal issues are in place (e.g. informed consent and GDPR issues). If research and development is concerned, make sure everyone has signed a non-disclosure agreement.